Thursday, August 6, 2009

ENT

Today I took Jaxon to an ENT dr. A different one than he had been to previously. I liked this guy much better. He basically answered all my questions/concerns before I had to ask. Which was nice compared to trying to pry them out of the other dr. His ears looked normal for the first time since he was 6 months old. Just maybe he has grown out of this! Which he assured me, in fact, he will. Eventually. But I'm not about to get my hopes up that this is the case. Not yet, anyway. It seems to be the routine that he starts acting and feeling better just long enough for me to think he is finally over it, then we're back in the clinic getting another antibiotic. And the dr agreed that just because they look good today, he may have an infection tomorrow. Just how it works. We scheduled his ear tube placement surgery, and he prescribed him some sort of medicine that he will take once a day for 4 weeks. The plan is this will keep his ears clear of infection. He will go in for a pre-op appt. the day before surgery to talk over everything and see how things are looking at that point. As far as I know, he will be getting them though. They should stay in for 6-12 months. That will hopefully get him through the winter. And since they expected that the summer months would bring him a break from infections, and didn't, that would be great! I did have to have them put in a second time myself, and also my tonsils and adenoids removed around age 4. Hoping this won't be the case with him and we will be done after the first attempt.


Don't you just love his new eye-squinting-cheeseball smile?! I do ;) Normally the grin is bigger, but this was the best I could catch on camera.

3 comments:

Kaia said...

I love everything about him of course! Well except maybe stinky diapers and stuff like that.. haha love his shorts too!

Anonymous said...

I love those squinty-eye grins! So does he start the antibiotic now or?

Brandie said...

Yes, he will start it today or tom. I still need to drop it off!