Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chatter box



This little man has started talking a bit more. Repeats what we say even more. And though not everything is clear, I must admit it melts my heart as I think it's absolutely adorable! The handful or so of things he puts into a small sentence are things he's been told. Like : "Lay by you", and "Where daddy go" (in which he usually replies "work, bang bang!"). When on the couch or in bed he will ask for "cubbers" (covers) and I think that's my favorite! He loves asking for a snack, his gunks (trunks), towel, dozers or gon geer (john deere). While telling him the other day that big boys go potty on the toilet, he looks at me and says "Noooope!" Wasn't aware he knew that word! I really should write down all the words he 'knows'. While walking out of church last Sunday, I stopped to chat with some ladies and Jaxon turns and as if he was truly asking, said "Mommy, ousside?" I said sure, so off he went saying bye bye. Too big I tell ya. Also, just this morning when I gave him his peach yogurt he said "Mommy, orange." Well, he got the color right anyways! He must like stretching words out too, or else that's just him copying is dad. Saying 'Agaaaain!' or 'Moooore!' Singing has also become one of his favorite pastimes.

This kid is sure equipped with a spunky attitude and a stubborn streak. Lately he has been a real daddies boy, even walking right passed me after waking from a nap to sit with dad. How dare he! He might as well soak up being the only child for 6 more months, since he has pretty much no idea what he's in store for! Though, he really loves babies, and wants to hold them all. Whether or not they want to be held, or are about the same size as him. I'm hoping he adjusts well.

2 comments:

Tervo Family said...

Growing up so fast!

Linda E. said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! :-) Chad came by a while back to have Michael work on his rifle and he told me the wonderful news! :-) Looks like you are having a lot of fun with Jaxon and finishing up your new home! :-)