Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am not a jogger.

Even if my stroller is meant for it, I on the other hand am not. (I didn't get it because I was a jogger, never have been, but thought maybe I would be. Someday.) I discovered this yesterday when we started out on a stroll. After a little ways I chose a spot off in the distance that I would start jogging and not stop 'til I reached it (not like this was very far) and I wasn't doing so well. I imagine I looked extremely pitiful to the few cars that drove by. I did make myself get to the street corner, which was the spot I had picked...but I was sure my lungs were about to burst. I'm sure a big part of it is that I haven't done much exercise since...well it's just been a while :) So from now on I'm sticking with walking.
I AM a walker.
-------------------------------------------------------
We recently have started our own Bible study. Starting from the beginning and reading one chapter a night to ourselves and then discussing it. I'm enjoying it and eager to learn more and more.
--------------------------------------------------------

Onto other much more exciting news-Jaxon still refuses to be on his tummy any longer than I make him. He grabs for toys or the table leg and gets up either on to his knees or higher. If he slips forward and lays down he gets extremely upset. So I don't see how this child is ever going to crawl. He will probably be a 'late' crawler and I'll just have to learn to live with it :p I actually don't worry too much about the age he is learning stuff, but I sure get confused as to why he likes doing things out of order, or so it seems.


And some photos for your viewing pleasure~

He really likes this fish.

Decided he would chew on the rail on his way up. Guess I do need one of those protectors I had thought were pointless.

I had to actually raise the rail. He tried toppling over!

2 comments:

Kaia said...

Jaxon looks so big standing in that crib! Does he sleep there now or just for something different during the day? And that's cool you guys do your own Bible Study! Hope to see you sometime soonish! Can't wait! :D

Debbie said...

oooh, I wish the weather here was warm enough to go jogging! Actually...I suppose it has been lately. Now I just need a trail or something to jog on! Cute pics! Looks like J's hair is filling in.