Saturday, May 9, 2009

10 month bday, is what it is!

I almost forgot to make a special post for Jaxon's 10 month bday! He only gets one more 'month' bday, ya know, then he will be a whopping one YEAR old!

He has been a good eater, of table food anyway ;) Doesn't care too much for the stage 3 meals, which is fine by me. Seems kinda pointless to be buying them if he will eat what we are, most of the time. Today he even picked up chunks of banana, before they were too slippery. I blended up some roast beef in the food processor and liked it as well! He LOVES toast, or oatmeal with applesauce and cinnamon for breakfast. Snacks usually consist of banana chips (dried bananas, conveniently sold in the bulk section at WinCo..planning to try out the other options of dried fruit they have), graham cracker sticks, puffs or yogurt melts. I still give him jarred baby food when what we're eating isn't a real option for him, or just need something faster. Generally he has 4 6oz bottles a day. For lunch he has had grilled cheese with shredded chicken sandwiches. Everyday he is better at picking pieces up and feeding himself. He grabs for the spoon when I feed him, but just wants to play with it. I bought him a toothbrush last week, so he thoroughly enjoys chewing on (after I scrub his 4 precious teefers) the rubber handle making a squeaking noise, giving me the heebie jeebies!! Recently showing interest in mouths/teeth. Pulls up to practically anything, and then continues to reach for whatever is still higher. He has a favorite blanket. And last, but not least, I think the garlic I was encouraged to try putting in his ears just might be doing something. Even as crazy as I thought it sounded. Still not sleeping as good as he should, or as I would like, but when he wakes up he doesn't really seem in pain and hasn't had a fever in over a week. The chiro said on Friday that his CP...fancy lingo I don't understand...was in place... or all better or something. So with that squared away, we won't need to be going back unless he suddenly gets fussy he said to bring him in for a tune-up. Wednesday he goes back to the ENT for one last check to see if he is healed.

And of course, some photos of the busy bee himself.


Found a drum. So far, thankfully, he only digs in the cupboards if I've left them open; so I'm never too far away.

The pantry is a really fun place...I wasn't aware! (don't pay attention to my very neat organization skills)

And he found his Valentine sucker I had been depriving him of. He managed to get part of the wrapper off so I let him go at it.

Mmmm..just what I need!

Happy Mother's day to all! I'm thrilled to be able to celebrate myself :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Have a great day!~

lyssamay88 said...

Happy Mother's Day! (a little late) and look at my little cutie w/ his big blue eyes! :D

Anonymous said...

Ah, I can see he's LOVING that sucker! ;) I miss you, Jaxon!
Kaia