Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My dear friend, Craigslist.

While searching the internet for good deals on furniture, it seemed the ones I fell in love with sold out. Go figure. And since we don't have a place to put stuff for the time being, I really should just stop looking. Well, I couldn't resist. I've looked on Craigslist many times, in search of all sorts of things and last Wednesday I found a table. Not just any table, THE Pier 1 dining table! Kent didn't have work the next day and we had plans of going to town anyway, so I contacted the seller and made arrangements to come look at it. She had just put a generous coat of wood polish on it, and it appeared BRAND new. They don't have any kids and probably was hardly used. It is extremely heavy duty. She was selling it for half of what she paid, and it's only a little over a year old. I've looked at many tables from Pier 1 and World Market, but couldn't justify spending that much.

And so, we brought it home :) It's being stored in Jaxon's play room area, poor kid :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh looks nice!

Elsa said...

oooh boy! I just MIGHT have to make a new friend..