Saturday, April 17, 2010

House update

I've been slacking on taking pictures of progress on the house, but a lot has been happening! I joke that Kent will probably sleep for an entire month when we move in. He's been going there everyday after work to get stuff done, and Saturdays.  We usually come to town daily as well and bring supper and just hang out.  I like to help do what I can, but unfortunately that doesn't equal much. It's become a rare thing to be home before dark. Today the septic system was put in by Kent's cousins husband, Kenneth. The weather was great. Kent got to have a little fun on the Bobcat and filled in the ditch for the waterline and smoothed out the area in front of the house.



Kent and Kenneth covering the first of three drain lines.
 ~~~~~~~~


Jaxon helping out, as usual.
~~~~~~~~
With sheet-rock in, walls textured, garage floor poured, doors set and the trim started; it's looking more like a house divided up in to rooms. The siding was started Monday, and even with many helpers including Dan, Justin, Kenneth, Paul, Bjorn, Aaron, Chad, and Justin; it just doesn't seem to be going very fast! Hopefully this week more will get done. Our garage door should be installed Wednesday. We have the painters scheduled to start Thursday and possibly be done by Saturday. The doors and trim will be white, a main neutral color for the walls and we're having a few accent walls throughout, so painting will be a process.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's coming right along! Can't wait to see it-

Kaia said...

Jaxon has no more ditches to crawl in?! Poor lil boy! ;)

Linda E. said...

Wow! It's been a month since I looked at your blog & boy have you guys made some progress! Was that Bjorn Hedges helping you? If so, he is a friend of Gary's - they used to play pingpong every week :-) I talked to Chad at the G-dale Home Show last Friday and he said he was trying to help you with the siding. So exciting for all of you! Thanks for doing the updates! :-)

Anonymous said...

I musta done much as two guys to get mentioned twice in the helpers. fatty

Brandie said...

Well I guess so, Fatty!