We are now proud owners of a John Deere. Even if it is just a riding lawnmower! After months of searching, Kent found one in our price range and close enough to make the journey to go pick it up. Bryce Hilman was nice enough to let us borrow his pickup. Saturday morning at 8AM we headed out to Moscow, ID. Jaxon was pleased to ride in such a manly vehicle, and be able to see out! It was a really pretty drive, with plenty of horses and cows roaming to keep him occupied. All the rolling hills were nice and green. Now Kent wants to move and be a farmer. For now he will have to be content with farming mowing our pasture grass. Once getting back to the house and the mower unloaded Jaxon was shaking with excitement when told he could go for a ride. He loved every second of it, too. I guess I better admit I also had a fun time taking it for a spin as well :)
In house news...THE CABINETS ARRIVED! Not Saturday like Kent was told last, but this morning. Better late than never I suppose. It sounds like they will possibly be installed Wednesday. I'm not sure at this point if the plumbing and electrical finishes will be able to happen sooner or not. I had changed my mind on the kitchen sink last week, but thankfully it wasn't too late! We switched from the stainless steel to white, like we had at the last house. The salesman tried talking Kent out of it, saying they don't hold up well. But by the end of the phone call we got a white one, but cast iron. Let me tell you, that thing is heavy! A whole 160 lbs! It should hold up a bit better I'd hope.
Each phase of the house gets more exciting. We're finishing up the staining and hanging of the porch soffit, and also the entry door. Kent will also be installing the laminate flooring in the entry, kitchen/dining, office and hallway.

4 comments:
Coming right along! I'll have to come by for a peek.. well, maybe once i'm ready to brave this wind! I can picture my boys being just as excited to go for a ride!
Thats awesome!! We got a riding lawn mower for our house on Dradie. Once we moved, we sold it, and good thing we did, cuz we still would have no need for it.
Yay! Nice John Deere there too!
Pretty frothy tractor, not so sure the chains are necessary tho...
Sog
Post a Comment