I took Jaxon to his 12 month check-up yesterday. Somehow he still manages to be at the top of the charts for his height at 31.3 inches tall ~ 89% And just under average for his weight of 22 lbs 7 oz ~ 45%. He most certainly has maintained this weight for a while, I guess if he just keeps stretching out and growing at the same time that would explain it. The appointment wasn't much fun for him. When checking in his ears she used some thing to blow air into it, looking to see if his ear drum was moving. It wasn't, which means bad news. It must have hurt, he sobbed for a bit but eventually forgave her until she tortured him again in his sensitive parts :( I almost cried myself. And then of course, his 3 vaccines. Never fun.
At this point we are waiting to hear back from a different ENT, hopefully Monday we will know when we can get him in. Dr. did give me a written Rx just in case the fever comes back and we're not able to see the ENT soon enough. I told her I didn't want it filled now because he seems to be doing OK and has been on so many lately that haven't really done their job as far as I'm concerned. And she agreed. Mainly to just keep him out of pain if it comes to that. And Tylenol if needed. It's basically 100% that he will be getting the surgery. He just cannot fight it, whether it's that his ear canal is too small or at a weird angle, they're not draining properly. I don't think they will know which until they actually get a good look inside. I probably have mentioned before, but I had tubes put in at a young age too, so I guess the problem can be genetic. Poor boy. I'm feeling much more at peace with this decision than before. I've been hearing too many stories of kids losing up to 30% of their hearing because it wasn't taken care of soon enough. I don't think we've waited that long, or at least I really hope not. His hearing still seems to be rather sharp.
After catching him doing this, I was really worried what would be next.....
Now that he can get in to the garage from the laundry room like a breeze, as soon as you open the door he will be right behind you. Any door that leads to the outdoors to be exact.
Friday evening they pressure washed the house, driveway and work van. I was so embarrassed at how dirty the window sills were, I even vacuumed out the bugs and dusted!
Today has also been a busy day taking care of things around the house, getting pic's taken, running errands, shopping...you know, all the fun stuff ;) When he wakes up from his nap we will be heading to Target, yay! Kent is running around with the guys, going shooting and possibly fishing. You never know for sure with them.
I love summer.

2 comments:
You definitely have a mover and a climber! Maybe Jaxon would like to climb mountains with Gary? :-) Good to hear you have peace regarding the surgery. Keep us posted and we will be praying.
Looks like you have a monkey! Good thing he's so cute! ;)
Post a Comment