Monday, June 7, 2010

Taking a break

Since I'm taking a break from this thing called un-packing, I suppose I better update! Last Tuesday Dan, Aaron, Chad and Jeff came up to pour the flat-work. We still need the final grade done and gravel for the rest of our driveway. We didn't let that stop us though, and started moving our belongings in Thursday afternoon. I crammed what little would fit into my car, which consisted of decorations, and Jaxon. By Saturday evening we had most of our stuff from my dad's and the storage unit waiting patiently inside the house to be put away. And Monday afternoon the house still looks like a tornado came through, even though I've barely sat down except to go to bed. It's amazing the amount of things 3 people can accumulate. A garage sale is in the works.



Dan and Chad working on the front patio


Jaxon feeling special on Uncle Ernie's shoulders


Dad teaching Jaxon to drink from the hose


And last, but certainly not least, we had to do hand prints. You can see we had a hard time with Jaxon's, as it looks more like a dog print.


I have some helpers coming tomorrow (a few generous In-laws :) and plans to check out the farmers market Wednesday morning. Once I feel things are more in place I'll add some pictures of the inside. And someday when we have grass instead of sand I might even take a few of the outside.


Just in time for warm weather, Jax decided sprinklers aren't so scary after all. Well, that is when he's in control of them! They were turned down and hardly spinning so he enjoyed soaking himself.

4 comments:

Teresa Matson said...

I know what a relief you are feeling to be in your new house! Been there many times! What're you getting from the farmers market?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it-looks nice from the outside!

Linda E. said...

Forgot to add - so glad you did the handprints - it will be a wonderful memory! :-)

Linda E. said...

Love the pic of Aaron & Jaxon! How exciting to finally be in your home! :-)