Monday, March 1, 2010


J has been leaving me in awe lately. Just acting so much older. He is on the verge of making more sense when he talks. Or at least to K and I, who hear what he has to say daily. Randomly he found a little bear he got from his baby shower, I believe from my friend Tasha, on his bed and carries it around so nicely calling it his "buh-bee" (baby), giving him plenty of hugs and kisses. Last night when I told him it was time for his 'buh-bee' to go ni-night, he promptly headed back to his room and tossed it over the rail. He might not be the most gentle, but he had the right idea! 

We also have a new problem. While cleaning up the kitchen after supper, J came to me holding out his hand with a sour face saying 'gross'....Sure enough, he had pooped and stuck his hand down the back of his diaper. OH. THE. JOYS. Thankfully, he is funny about his hands getting messy, so he didn't bother getting it allover the place and came to me first to clean him up. It was indeed disgusting and I will be purchasing a seat for him, with a shield, to sit on the toilet this week! Not that I expect him to just hop on and go #2, but I plan to get a bit more serious about teaching him. And in the meantime, I'd appreciate if he kept his hands out of his diaper. 

Breaking child labor laws

3 comments:

Debbie said...

wow--he is looking old!

Tervo Family said...

He sure looks a lot older too! :)

Teresa Matson said...

I love it when they start to act older! So fun to watch them learn new things.