The first night was a little rough, mainly because she was really fussy. And I, suffering from lack of sleep, was becoming very frustrated! Not only do we have all the sleeplessness that comes with a newborn, but 3 weeks of not much rest on top of it. Too bad I didn't remember until the next day that the nurse mentioned they'd been giving her Tylenol to help with withdrawls. Last night went much better!
I've been so consumed with making sure she's eating enough, and not sleeping too long because she's worn out that it hasn't given me much time to dwell on all the 'what if's' so I'm thankful for that. Possibly getting more rest is a bad thing because while Jaxon was playing with cousins today, Hayden and I napped and I caught myself jumping up to look at her. I'm sure with time that will fade, though we're really trying to not think about it as much as possible too keep sane. Too bad we're equipped with photographic memories.
This morning i took Hayden in to her pediatrician for a follow up requested by the doctors in Spokane. They were great about getting us into a room so we didn't have to sit in the waiting room long. It was a morning appt. so there weren't many people in there anyways, but I kept a blanket over her carrier to be cautious. The dr. will also want weekly weight checks, but agreed I could do them at home and just call in. All scales vary so it's hard when every ounce makes a difference! The night before we left the hospital she weighed 6lbs 5oz. Still a peanut, but a whole pound bigger than birth. Not too bad for spending so much time as sick as she was. I weighed her Monday morning so I could keep track of her gaining and she was 6lbs 5oz and today at the doctor their scale said 6lbs 7oz. I don't think the scales would be too far off, so she at least doesn't appear to be losing. I have to call in Friday with her weight so I may just wait until then to check, or else I may go crazy looking at the numbers daily worrying if she lost an ounce or didn't gain one.
~Hayden enjoying some tummy time~
~Sister and Brother relaxing~
~Jaxon, who didn't need a nap, fell asleep while eating his snack~

7 comments:
Ohhh Jaxon! Every night after we got jammies on and went to bed he would inform me, "Not sleeping 'more!" To which I would reply, "Ok, but just lay here." And of course he did sleep ;) So good to see Hayden and him together AND at home! Even if I do miss the big bro here :(
Praying for peace! Thanks for all the posts. Rest well, sleep easy, all is well. ;)
So happy that you and Hayden are back home again!!
Awesome to see Hayden looking so good and normal:) Miss the big boy!
So good to see you're all home! Just nestle in and enjoy the rest of winter :)
Oh...so glad you are home and things are settling down for you all! Hope you all stay well!
I am so thankful and happy to hear you are all home together and Hayden doing good. Jaxon, you funny little guy! Too big to take naps, he has to watch out for baby sister! Clara
Post a Comment