Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 3 in Sacred Heart PICU

This morning Hayden is still stable, hooked to the ventilator and a feeding tube. She's began trying to cough up the secretions in her lungs which are very sticky and thick. This is a good sign, yet it causes her lungs to seize and shut off her openings preventing air from flowing. The nurse is at her side at all times, so when this happens they are able to assist her by bagging her. It's very scary for me to watch, but the nurses and Dr's here are amazing and act completely calm and assure us this is all to be expected. They told us to anticipate this for a couple more days while she is healing. We are on our way out for the day to get some fresh air and new scenery. She's in very good hands, so I'm trying my best to accept that there isn't much I can do except take care of myself to stay strong for her. I will try to keep this updated with her status. Please continue prayers.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

The nurses really are amazing..best part of the whole NICU experience! Hope you have fun and are able to relax a little on your day out:)

Teresa Matson said...

Thanks for the update! Praying....

Nylene said...

Wow, we've been praying for your tiny little dolly, and all of you. I texted you Brandie, maybe you didn't recognize my number?

Desiree said...

I'm glad that you had a chance to post a comment on here...it dawned on me a few minutes ago that I should check. I can't imagine what you must be going through and am so glad that she's making progress. We love you guys!

Shannon Root said...

Thanks for the update, Brandy! So glad to hear that she is stable...I know it must be so hard to see her like that! Glad to here she is improving, and hopefully soon she will be well and you can bring her home! We continue to think about you all and to pray for Hayden's recovery and for strength for you and Kent! Glad you guys could get out a bit today:) Take care and hang in there, Benny, Shannon, and Shayla

Tervo Family said...

Praying for you all!! Hope she has a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Hayden's healing! We love you all! Love, Clara and family